First, I want to apologize to those of you who were/are loyal readers. I obviously took a more-than-brief hiatus from blogging about my Tiny House journey. I shan’t do it again.
Second, I’d like to take a brief moment to appreciate the beauty that is young Bruce Campbell from his “Evil Dead” days.
Le sigh. Now that that’s out of the way… It’s time for some Tiny House (and life) updates!
I will try to blog each day this week to document what has been going on with my Tiny House. For one, I must introduce her in all of her glory. This is a picture of my THOW the day it got delivered to my parents’ house…
This, my friends, is Matilda; I call her Tilly for short. I named her such for several reasons.
- I loved the childhood book-made-movie “Matilda”. I even re-typed the entire book in grade school to improve my typing. #goals
- In the book-made-movie, Matilda is small but magical. I’d like to think my Tiny House will be the same…
- Tilly is the name of my high school lunch lady. She was small, adorable, and gave us extra tots. Who doesn’t like free tots?!
I have been working on Tilly most weekends since she was delivered. Needless to say, things have been taking much longer than expected. Here is Tilly’s near-finished exterior. (It’s still got painters’ tape on it so she doesn’t look 100%.)
I’ve also updated my interior plans for Tilly, which I’ll show you later this week. #teaser
All in all, things have been going well. However, I’ve had many changes in my life since my last post…
- I changed jobs.
- I am only working one job right now.
- I am happily single and not looking for anyone.
- My depression is a bit more under control.
I am working for a non-profit very near my apartment now. I ditched the waitressing job for a few reasons, but mainly due to the long drive. I will pick another one up here shortly, but for now I’m enjoying having my weekends to myself.
I have also been buying MANY things to outfit Tilly which I will probably update this weekend. I am also thinking of switching my blog over to a wordpress.org site so I can generate some income from my writing. That is probably a big part of my lack of blogging the past few months… I was afraid to blog more on here in case I switched over. But since I haven’t made that decision yet I couldn’t wait to post any longer!
More to come later tonight…